Our legal practice is generally engaged in the problem solving business, looking after our clients’ practical and economic interests in the endeavour to resolve disputes. Although we are an expert firm of attorneys, who have specialised in insurance law, with focused litigation experience, we assist clients with a diversity of matters covering various areas and branches of the law.
We attend to disputes proceeding in various forums including the Courts, arbitration, mediation and conciliation proceedings and before adjudicators, commissioners and Ombudsman. We have the right of appearance in Magistrate, Regional and High Court actions. The disputes emanate from various sources and we represent numerous different interests such as insurance companies, underwriting managers, insurance intermediaries including brokerage firms and the insured.
There are fields within the insurance law upon which we have concentrated such as:
- Personal Injury and medical malpractice
- Professional negligence and indemnity including officers and trustees liability
- Construction, engineering and plant cover
- Pension Funds
- Sectional Title including home owners and body corporate disputes
- Transit and cargo liability
- Third Party Recoveries
- Policy interpretation and claims management
- Regulatory compliance
- Labour Law